You run a business, and you're looking for ways to make your marketing strategies effective, but...
If your email marketing campaigns are not being opened as often as you would like, there are several different factors that may be causing this to happen.
According to Return Path’s 2017 Email Deliverability Benchmark Report, 20 percent of email never reaches the inbox.
This means that one out of every five of the emails you send never makes it to the inbox and this can really marginalize your impact in the long run, as thousands of potential leads and opportunities are lost.
This guide will discuss some steps you can take to improve email deliverability and ensure that more of your emails reach the intended recipients.
Let’s Understand What is a Good Email Deliverability Rate?
It can be difficult to determine a good email deliverability rate. Return Path’s email deliverability statistics show that 79% of commercial emails land in inboxes. The other 21% is either sent to spam folders, blocked by the mailbox provider, or simply missing.
Although most marketers strive to send emails that reach as many subscribers as possible, very few reach a 100% delivery rate. To accurately measure your email deliverability rates, there are several metrics you should follow:
- Showing a delivery rate of 95% or higher is considered to be an acceptable delivery rate for mass email service providers.
- A typical bounce rate should be below 3% to ensure good mailing list quality.
- If the SPAM rate doesn’t exceed 0.08%, you can let it go as a low level of SPAM.
Checklist to improve your email deliverability rate
- Configure a clean, verified email list.
- Purge the unnecessary items on your list.
- Filter out emails that are submitted to your contest sign-up page.
- Keep your lists updated.
- Check the blacklist of known spam servers before you create your email list.
6. Verify the authenticity of your email address.
7. Properly manage your IP address assignment.
8. You should register a subdomain for your email and use it exclusively for email activities.
9. Provide a preference center so your users can adjust various settings.
10. Make sure that feedback loops are functioning properly.
11. Avoid junk e-mail traps. Spam traps should not be used.
12. It’s important to provide an unsubscribe option.
13. Implement a sender policy framework (SPF).
14. You should check the legality of any emails before you send them.
15. Pay attention to the metrics related to your engagement and manage spam comments.
16. Establish a routine of sending out emails and stick to that schedule.(Once a week is probably OK.)
17. Check your sender's reputation to make sure the mail you send is not being marked as spam.
18. For the best possible results, use a double opt-in or confirmed opt-in.
19. Improve the effectiveness of your opt-in process.
20. When emailing your piece to a professor, editor, or agent, write a non-spammy subject line so they will read your work.
21. Send an email that meets the needs of both you and your recipients. Creating emails that people love to read and respond to.
22. Avoid low-engagement content.
23. When constructing an email address, use your company’s name as part of your “from” name.
24. Personalize your emails to make them more effective.
25. Include interesting text in your e-mail messages.
26. Do not include PDFs in emails.
So what are you waiting for? Click here and let’s get some real leads
Stay Updated with new Blogs
Have you ever felt like your business is struggling to attract new customers, despite all your...
Have you ever wondered which marketing strategy could cost you pennies and provide returns in...