Today, I will dive into a topic that can truly transform your business - appointment setting! We...
Table of Contents
Are you one of the many LinkedIn users who want to grow their business? However, you might feel stuck in one of two categories:
- You have a ton of connections but never seem to speak to any of them, which leads to zero sales.
- You find yourself among those unfortunate businesses that struggle to transform LinkedIn connections into profitable, offline conversations.
Well, in either case, here's some good news for you. With some simple strategies, our clients at Revnew have generated thousands of leads and millions in sales. And we’re going to share these tips with you!
But first, let’s hit you with a couple of stats:
- 80% of all B2B leads generated on social media come from LinkedIn
- Linkedin generates 3X higher lead conversion rates as compared to Twitter or Facebook
That means you have a tremendous opportunity to take advantage of. So, are you ready to make the most of LinkedIn for your business? Well, then, keep reading.
We'll walk you through the steps to turn those connections into profitable, real-world appointments.
Now, before digging down into the details, let’s check out some basics of appointment setting.
What Is Linkedin Appointment Setting?
Linkedin appointment setting is the process of using the platform to schedule appointments with potential clients. In fact, it can be a game-changer for your business.
After all, LinkedIn is the largest professional networking platform globally – with 930 million members in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Hence, it's a goldmine for B2B sales.
How to Get Sales Appointments Using LinkedIn?
Here are the steps to secure sales appointments using this professional network:
- First identify companies that may be interested in your product/service.
- Then, use LinkedIn's search filters to narrow down your results.
- Next, craft personalized messages to reach out to them directly.
Once you've connected, it's time to start building a relationship. Engage with their content, offer value, and get to know them better. It will help you establish trust and credibility. As such, this makes it easier to schedule an appointment.
Why Is LinkedIn Appointment Setting So Effective?
Setting appointments via LinkedIn allows you to connect with decision-makers and critical contacts directly. Plus, you can target specific industries and job titles.
Thus, you can ensure you're reaching the right people.
Overall, LinkedIn appointment setting can help you generate more leads and sales. Moreover, it helps build long-term relationships with clients.
9 Tips for Effective LinkedIn Appointment Setting in the B2B Industry
You can target specific industries and job titles by utilizing LinkedIn's search filters and lead generation tools. You can even reach out to potential clients with personalized messages. Want to learn more tips on getting more B2B appointments using Linkedin? Let’s roll in.
1. Pinpoint Your Ideal Prospects
One of the most essential steps to generating highly targeted leads with LinkedIn is identifying your perfect prospect. This step is often overlooked. But it can make a massive difference in the success of your LinkedIn outreach.
Now, you might be thinking: who exactly is my perfect prospect? Well, it's actually quite simple. Ask yourself these questions:
- What industries am I targeting? (For this exercise, focus on just one.)
- What geography am I targeting?
- What job titles do my prospects typically go by?
- What groups (professional, networking, alumni, etc.) do they belong to?
- What size company am I targeting?
Once you have answers to these questions, you'll have a clear idea of who your perfect prospect is. This will make it much easier to use LinkedIn's search tools. As such, you can find a highly targeted list of prospects to get started.
Remember, casting a wider net isn't always better for lead generation. Focus on your perfect prospect. Then, you can invest your time and energy into connecting with the right people.
As such, you’ll generate more high-quality leads. So, take the time to identify your perfect prospect. And watch your LinkedIn outreach become much more effective!
2. Use LinkedIn Search Filters
LinkedIn search filters are a powerful way to get more B2B appointments. These filters enable you to narrow down search results. They even have an option of setting up saved searches and alerts. Finally, you can use filters to identify decision-makers and key contacts.
Once you have a clear idea of your prospects, you can use LinkedIn's search filters to find them. Here's how:
Narrow Down Your Results
Once you've entered your search criteria, you'll likely have a large result list. This is where LinkedIn's search filters come in. You can use filters like location, industry, job title, and company size. As such, you can skim your results and find the most relevant prospects.
Use Boolean Search Operators
You can use Boolean search operators like AND, OR, and NOT to make your search even more targeted. This will help you refine your search and find prospects meeting specific criteria.
Connect With Your Prospects
Once you've found your ideal prospects, it's time to start building a relationship. Reach out to them with value-added and research-backed personalized messages. Also, be sure to follow up and stay engaged with their content to keep the conversation going.
3. Send Extremely Customized Invites
Once you have identified your target prospects, the next step is to reach out to them and establish a connection.
Avoid using the generic "I’d like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn" message. Why? It lacks personalization and comes across as lazy.
Here’s how you can achieve customization:
- Take the time to research.
- Find common ground to make your connection request more engaging and thoughtful.
- Approach your prospects professionally.
Demonstrating that you've done your groundwork can make your connection request more compelling.
In fact, you can add a personal touch to your request by investing just a few minutes in reviewing profiles and gathering relevant sales intelligence. It will increase your chances of success. Remember, a little effort can go a long way in building meaningful connections on LinkedIn.
Below, we've outlined some elements you can use to personalize your connection request and make it more compelling:
- Common connections
- Common groups
- Common location
- Shared interests
- Attended the same college
- Follow the same influencers
- Engaged with similar content
- Mention one of their recent posts
- Shared interests
4. Design Great Case Studies
Composing case studies is an art and demands dedication. However, it shows your prospects what you’re really made of. A compelling case study highlights your skills and expertise.
Hence, it helps impress your prospects and fetch more B2B appointments. Here’s how you can compose excellent case studies:
- To begin, choose a client whom your target prospects can relate to.
- Then, tell that client’s story engaging but concisely.
- Use accurate data and numbers to illustrate the impact of your work.
- Also, remember to explain precisely how you were able to help your client achieve their goals.
Formatting is also crucial:
- Keep the layout simple and easy to read.
- Moreover, consider using images or graphics to break up text and add visual interest.
- And, of course, avoid being too wordy!
5. Reap the Benefits of Sales Navigator
LinkedIn offers Sales Navigator – a tool specifically designed for sales professionals. It provides several great features and benefits to help you find and connect with potential clients. Here are its notable functionalities of Sales Navigator for lead generation:
Search Filters and Alerts
One of the critical benefits of Sales Navigator is its search filters and alerts. These filters can narrow your search results based on specific criteria. Some of these elements include:
- Job title
- Company size
This makes it easier to find potential clients who are a good fit for your products or services.
Once you've identified potential clients, build relationships with them. You can use Sales Navigator to send InMail messages similar to email messages. But they're sent through LinkedIn instead. It’s a great way to introduce yourself and start a conversation with a potential client.
Advanced Search Filters
Another great feature of Sales Navigator is its advanced search features. These features allow you to search for potential clients based on even more specific criteria – such as particular keywords in their profiles.
This can be a smart hack to find highly targeted prospects likely to be interested in what you offer.
6. Utilize LinkedIn Outreach
LinkedIn outreach is another game changer if you're looking to book more B2B appointments. However, crafting effective outreach messages is vital to making this strategy work. So, to help you get the most out of your LinkedIn outreach, here are some tips:
Personalize Your Messages
What’s the key to successful outreach on LinkedIn? Well, it’s personalization!
- Take the time to research each prospect.
- Next, craft a message that shows you understand their needs and challenges.
- Use their name, reference their company, and specify why you're reaching out.
Use Common Connections
Use that to your advantage if you have mutual connections with your prospect. Mention your common connection in your outreach message to establish credibility and build rapport.
Join LinkedIn Groups
LinkedIn groups can be a great way to connect with potential clients and start conversations. Join groups related to your industry or target market and participate in discussions. It will help you establish yourself as a thought leader and build relationships with potential clients.
Follow Outreach Best Practices
When crafting your outreach messages, there are some best practices to remember.
- Keep your messages short and to the point.
- Plus, focus on the value you can offer the prospect.
- Finally, always include a CTA (Call-to-Action) that encourages them to respond.
7. Take the Help of LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads is yet another of our favorite tools. Why? They can help you reach your target audience and promote your business effectively. With LinkedIn Ads, you can specifically target specific industries and job titles. As such, you can ensure the right people see your message.
To create a successful LinkedIn Ad, create compelling ad copy and visuals to capture your audience's attention. You also need to be able to measure and optimize your ad performance – so you can adjust your strategy accordingly.
When it comes to budgeting and bidding on LinkedIn Ads, you should keep a few tips in mind.
- It's essential to set a realistic budget.
- Next, learn to bid strategically to get the most out of your investment.
By doing this, you can ensure the correct audience sees your ad. Also, only then you’ll get the best return on your investment.
8. Use LinkedIn Lead Generation Forms
One feature you may not utilize to its full potential is LinkedIn lead-generation forms. These forms allow you to capture leads directly on LinkedIn. In fact, you don't even require the prospect to leave the platform. Here's why lead-gen forms are such a powerful tool.
Use Lead Gen Forms for B2B Appointments
One of the main benefits of using Lead Gen Forms is – they significantly improve your conversion rates. They remove the friction of filling out a separate form on a landing page. As a result, prospects are more likely to take action and provide their information.
Plus, the form is pre-populated with the prospect's LinkedIn information. Hence, they don't have to spend as much time filling out the form.
How to Create and Optimize Forms
When creating your lead generation forms, follow the below-mentioned tips:
Keep them short and sweet.
- Only ask for the information you need.
- Also, ensure the form is visually appealing and easy to complete.
- Use compelling copy and a strong CTA.
It encourages prospects to submit their information. And don't forget to test different variations to see which form performs the best.
Tips for Following Up With Leads
Once you've generated leads through LinkedIn forms, follow up quickly and with relevant messaging. Use the information you gathered through your forms to personalize your outreach. Plus, always remember to provide value to the prospect.
And don't be afraid to experiment with different follow-up strategies – such as phone calls, emails, or LinkedIn messages.
Strategies for Integrating Lead Gen Forms With CRM Systems
Finally, to make the most of your forms, integrate them with your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system. It enables you to automatically import leads into your system and trigger follow-up actions.
You can also use the information you gather through forms to segment your leads. Afterward, you can tailor your outreach to their needs and interests.
9. Don’t Miss to Say Thanks!
Expressing gratitude for someone who connects or engages with you on social media is often overlooked. But it's a great way to stand out from the crowd, spark further engagement, and offer value.
To make the most of this opportunity, here are some basic steps to follow:
- Always thank them for connecting or engaging with you. It may seem simple, but expressing gratitude can go a long way.
- Share a case study that is relevant and targeted to their niche, industry, or product/service. It demonstrates your expertise and provides tangible proof of your value.
- Suggest possible ways to provide value to them, such as potential referrals, and propose a time for a call. It shows that you're interested in building a mutually beneficial relationship.
The Power of Targeted LinkedIn Appointment Setting
By using targeted messaging, our experience shows that quite a chunk of prospects approached this way will convert into an offline conversation. Let’s assume you aim to get 10 new targeted connections daily.
With our B2B LinkedIn marketing services, you can expect to have at least five new weekly appointments with targeted prospects. When you do the math, this approach can yield significant results and help you reach your sales goals.
Read More: Check out how Revnew helped Toucan Toco generate leads through email and LinkedIn Campaigns.