Within the realm of marketing, demand generation and lead generation are frequently used in a...
Table of Contents
What do you need to unlock the true potential of your outbound marketing campaigns? The answer: Spotlight your target customer's needs!
And when you focus on doing the best for your customers, you captivate and build lasting trust among your audience.
Statistics show that 89% of consumers are likelier to stay loyal to brands prioritizing customer experience and expectations. And when it comes to outbound marketing, you can easily customize your offerings to meet your audience's expectations.
So, if you want to apply this knowledge to your outbound marketing approaches, we have the perfect guide. Here we’ll tell you strategies to forge genuine connections with your audience in 2024 and beyond.
However, before that, let's explore the current status of customer-centricity in the marketing world.
The Importance of Customer-centricity for Businesses
Consumer preferences are undergoing a seismic shift. Major factors driving this shift involve:
- Technological advancements where customers prefer responsive sales reps.
- Consumer privacy policies that make B2B buyers aware of their rights.
- Personalization demands that the customer's experience with a brand.
- Societal trends that influence customer's decision-making process and more.
If you look closely, all these factors lean toward the need for customer-oriented marketing. Here are a few statistics that prove our point:
- Customer-centric companies outperform non-customer-centric ones by 60% in profitability.
- Over 89% of companies view customer experience as crucial for loyalty and retention.
- 84% of companies improving customer experience report increased revenue.
- 73% of B2B buyers expect businesses to deeply understand their needs and challenges.
These numbers clearly state that you must recalibrate your outbound marketing strategies to meet today's customers' expectations. Adding to this, meeting the expectations helps you win over your potential customers. The better you tailor their experiences, the more reliable they’ll find you.
So, how can you do so?
Worry not; next, we'll explore a well-curated list of B2B consumer-oriented outbound tactics to follow.
9 Top Customer-oriented Outbound Marketing Elements
You might be reaching out to your target audience with just the right amount of effort. But, you must consider how fast the current B2B audience is leaning towards exclusive treatments from brands.
So, here are nine effective strategies to make your outbound marketing more consumer-friendly.
(Infographic text- Title: 9 Customer-centric Outbound Marketing Elements
- ICP Segment-based Customized Content
- Intent data-focused Strategies
- Predictive Analytics
- Data-driven Insights
- Non-linear Sales Approach
- Customized Offerings
- Transparency In Communication
- Customer Privacy And Security
- Relevant Social Proof)
1. Tailor Content Based on ICP Segmentation
Creating relevant content is the first step to making your outbound strategy customer-centric.
Thus, you must first categorize your customers into groups, which is the foundation of directing your content strategy.
Base your buyer groups on demographics, behavior, and preferences. These segments could include industry, company size, location, or specific pain points.
Once done, you can adjust your content in the following ways:
- Tailor Content for Each Segment: Create content that speaks directly to each identified segment's pain points, needs, and interests. It could involve:
- Crafting different messaging
- Adjusting tone and style
- Using industry-driven examples and content
- Adjust Content Based on Specific Channels: Adapt your content's format to suit each segment's preferred channels.
For instance, some segments respond better to visual content on social media, while others prefer detailed whitepapers via email.
2. Use Intent Data
Using various sources such as website analytics, social listening, etc., reveals your potential customers' behavior and interests. Such information is what we call the "intent data."
It involves insights like:
- Online search queries
- Social media activity
- Website browsing behavior
- Purchase history
So, how can you use intent data to make your outreach centered on your target prospects?
Let's explore here:
- Align Your Content with the Identified Intent Signals: Take notice if your prospect frequently searches for a specific product or service. Then, take the opportunity to tailor your outreach to address their interest in that particular offering.
- Leverage Real-time Intent Data to Make Adjustments: Timley track activities like sudden interest of your prospect in a particular topic. Then, ensure your communication reflects this interest promptly.
- Implement Lead Scoring Based on Intent Data: Prioritize leads that exhibit strong signals of interest. It allows your teams to focus efforts where they are most likely to yield results.
3. Apply Predictive Analytics
Forecasting what your prospects will do next in their buyer journey is a powerful stance. For this, you need to gather historical customer data, behavior patterns, and other relevant information.
Further, this data enables you to train predictive models that can suggest what your target audience may do next.
Now, let us see how you can implement predictive analytics to lead customer-focused outbound marketing:
- Predict Future Customer Behavior: Train your models to identify critical behavioral patterns, such as prospects':
- Purchasing patterns
- Engagement levels
- Response to specific marketing tactics
Next, adjust your outbound strategies based on these predictions.
- Implement Automated Triggers: Activate specific actions when predictive analytics indicate a high likelihood of specific customer behaviors. It could include sending targeted offers or following up with personalized content.
- Regularly Refine Your Predictive Models: Consider ongoing customer interactions and changing market dynamics to update the models. Thus, you can ensure your predictions remain accurate and actionable.
4. Gather Data-Driven Insights for Targeted Campaigns
Utilizing analytics tools to gather insights from past campaigns helps you identify the following:
- Successful strategies
- Areas for improvement
Here's how you can collect and leverage data-driven insights:
- Collect and Analyze Customer Feedback: List down your high-value customers and try to understand their preferences. Find out what makes them choose your brand and the pain points they still face with your product.
Use this information to refine your offerings. Maybe you need to adjust how you serve your product to customers. Once changed, share the improvement details while reaching the target audience.
- Conduct A/B Testing to Compare Different Approaches: Besides feedback, you must also check what's driving or causing obstacles in your current outbound approach. Thus, perform A/B testing on your current campaign.
Next, analyze the results to determine what resonates best with your target audience. It'll be beneficial in adjusting your future outbound campaigns accordingly.
- Take a Data-based Iterative Approach: Continuously refine your outbound strategies based on the latest data and feedback. It ensures your campaigns stay relevant and effective in the long run.
5. Run a Non-linear Sales Cadence
Engaging your potential customers effectively requires you to tap into multiple communication channels. It's because B2B buyers often go through a series of touchpoints throughout their day.
Thus, if you are present at one of the touchpoints and not at others, your target buyers may forget you. Hence, our experts recommend crafting a sequence of touchpoints that doesn't follow a rigid, predictable path. Mix up your communication methods to keep things fresh and engaging.
Among other things, you must stay active on various outreach channels like email, LinkedIn, and warm calls. While using these channels, ensure to optimize them with
personalization strategies. Here’s our framework:
Title of Infographic:
Being available on prime communication channels will present you as an authentic brand in front of your target audience.
6. Give Customers the Power to Customize Your Offering
Empowering your outbound leads by allowing them to tailor their experience is an excellent outreach approach. Provide options for customizing the following services:
- Product Demos: When scheduling a demo, provide the prospect with options to customize the demonstration based on their specific needs.
For instance, ask if they are more interested in task automation, collaboration features, or reporting capabilities. It allows them to focus on the software's most relevant aspects to their business.
- Pricing Options: Instead of presenting a fixed pricing structure, offer a range of pricing plans with different features. Allow prospects to choose the features that align with their priorities and budget. This flexibility gives them a sense of control and ensures they only pay for what they truly need.
- Free Trials: During the trial sign-up process, ask questions about the prospect's business objectives and pain points. Use this information to tailor the trial, showcasing functionalities addressing their challenges directly.
It highlights the product's relevance and allows prospects to explore its capabilities in their context.
7. Prioritize Transparency
60% of consumers prefer a brand's transparency and trustworthiness as the most critical traits among others. Thus, being open and honest in outbound communication is the key to a customer-oriented approach. It helps foster trust in your audience.
Therefore, clearly articulate your intentions, avoiding any misleading tactics. Also, be transparent about what your product or service can and cannot do. Such genuine and straightforward messaging may build credibility among your potential customers.
8. Prioritize Customer Privacy and Security Concerns
Protecting your prospects' privacy and prioritizing their data security shows you respect them as a business partner. "Privacy" is a big deal for B2B buyers.
81% of customers relate an organization's measures to treat its data directly to how it respects and views its customers.
Hence, ensure your outreach efforts are not intrusive to prospects. Here's how you can do it:
- Follow relevant consumer privacy and data protection laws like:
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- CRPA (California Privacy Rights Act)
- Clearly communicate how you handle your prospect's information.
- Always offer an option to unsubscribe to your content.
- Delete the prospect's data if no longer needed.
- Maintain a DNC (Do not call) list.
- Limit the use of prospects' sensitive information while reaching out to them.
These measures will show your brand is trustworthy for prospects to share their data willingly.
9. Showcase Relevant Social Proof: Testimonials + Case Studies
Displaying your customers' success stories through your outbound content can do wonders. The best way to do so is to strategically share case studies of your previous customers and their testimonials.
It will show how others benefited from your product or service. Hence, it'll build credibility and instill confidence in potential customers for your brand.
Moreover, 88% of consumers seek honest user reviews and trust them as personal recommendations.
So, here's how you can leverage social proof to keep customers in focus:
- Use storytelling to present the social proof to connect with your prospects at a human level.
- Show results through clear statistics. It'll help prospects evaluate your product's potential.
- Find out unique expectations of your prospects from your brand. Adjust your case studies to highlight how your offering fulfills those expectations.
- Embed relevant user-generated video testimonials within your shared content.
Such social proof sharing can highlight the reliability of your brand.
Remember that running successful outbound marketing goes beyond generic, one-size-fits-all approaches. B2B buyers demand personalized and customized experiences.
Thus, be the brand that recognizes its individuality and caters to customers’ unique preferences. And the above-shared strategies can help you become that brand.
However, you can take the stress away from adjusting your outbound approach and only focus on results.
How? By partnering with the best outbound marketing agency, Revnew. Our talented marketing experts team can design customer-centric campaigns for your business. To discuss further on how we can help you, contact us here.