Whether you're a financial advisor, a bank, or a fintech startup, generating leads is essential for...
Table of Contents
As a B2B marketer in the Finance sector, you can't unsee LinkedIn's role in generating high-value leads. LinkedIn has over 900 million users, many of whom are decision-makers and influencers. This makes LinkedIn an ideal platform for financial advisors to find their potential clients.
Hence, your business needs to connect with them. Plus, you can leverage LinkedIn Marketing trends for Finance lead generation.
If you aren’t convinced yet, check out these benefits that LinkedIn offers you:
- Build strong networking with fellow professionals, industry leaders, and potential clients. It helps establish new relationships leading to growth opportunities.
- Access LinkedIn marketing tools, such as sponsored content and InMail. They help you reach out to potential clients in a targeted manner.
- Showcase your brand and establish industry expertise by publishing content, engaging with followers, and creating a strong company page.
- Get valuable insights into the industry, competitors, and target audience. Thus, by using LinkedIn, you can make informed decisions and stay ahead of competitors.
Intriguing, isn’t it? Let us explore how to use LinkedIn to get financial advisor leads.
1. Creating A Professional Business Profile Picture
- Start using a high-quality image ( high-resolution and clear picture); it should not be blurry. It should accurately represent your business and its brand.
- Next, focus on professional attire; the individual in the profile picture should be dressed according to his/her role in the business. It helps convey a sense of professionalism and credibility.
- Consistent branding is no less than a magic trick that lets your target audience remember your brand. So, align your profile picture with the business's overall branding and visual identity. It can include brand colors, logos, and other visual elements.
- Showcasing a friendly and approachable expression on the profile picture can go a long way. Give a welcoming and inviting vibe to potential clients and partners.
2. Writing A Compelling Linkedin Headline
A LinkedIn headline is a critical component that helps you make a strong first impression. Here are some tips for writing a compelling LinkedIn headline:
- Your headline should be concise and to the point, ideally between 220-240 characters. It helps convey your value proposition in a concise and impactful way.
- It should highlight your expertise and communicate what you have to offer.
- By incorporating relevant keywords (related to your industry, skills, and experience) into your headline, you can rank higher in LinkedIn search results. Thus, your potential clients and partners can find you easily.
- Be descriptive as much as possible to give a clear picture of what you do and what you have to offer.
- Reflect on your unique brand and personality by personalizing your headline. It can help you make a more memorable impression and differentiate yourself from others in your industry.
3. Completing Your Linkedin Profile
You must have a complete and well-rounded business LinkedIn profile to leverage the platform to its full potential. Aside from the headline and profile picture, there are other key areas that you need to complete, such as:
- Your summary section: It is your opportunity to give a more in-depth overview of your background, experience, and career goals. So, get creative and tell your story to your prospects.
- Experience and accomplishments: Let your prospects know how long you have served in the industry and what you have accomplished through the years. Add your awards, top-performing projects, and business partnerships.
- Endorsements: Get endorsements from your connections showing you have satisfied your past and existing clients.
- Keep it updated: Regularly update your profile to reflect your current experience and accomplishments. It also helps keep your profile fresh and relevant.
4. Connecting With The Right Audience
There are over 65 million decision-makers on the platform. Thus, you must build a high-value connections list to complete and optimize your LinkedIn profile. Here are some tips for connecting with the right audience on LinkedIn:
- Determine your ideal target audience, including their job title, industry, and location. It can help you narrow down your search and connect with the right individuals.
When sending connection requests, personalize the message to include a brief note about why you would like to connect and how you can be of value to the individual.
- Utilize your existing network to connect with individuals who can introduce you to others in your target audience.
- Use LinkedIn's search function to find individuals and companies that match your target audience.
- You must know the key demographics of your target audience. It lets you find the right keyword descriptors to help your audience find your business while searching LinkedIn or entice them to check out your content.
- Add prospects to your LinkedIn target audience list whom you met physically at a networking event or conference. Don't hesitate to send them your LinkedIn request after the meeting. It will help you continue your connection with them.
5. Joining Relevant Linkedin Groups And Engaging With Posts And Discussions
Join LinkedIn groups relevant to your target audience and industry. It can help you connect with individuals with a shared interest. Plus, it can increase your visibility on the platform.
Look for groups that cater specifically to the Finance sectors and actively participate in discussions, share knowledge and insights, and contribute to the community.
It will increase your company's visibility and establish you as a thought leader in the industry.
Additionally, consider joining groups related to entrepreneurship, startups, and technology to expand your network and gather valuable insights. Engage in discussions and conversations in the groups you join. It can help you build relationships with other individuals.
6. Sharing Valuable Content
Sharing valuable content is one of the most effective tactics of LinkedIn Marketing for Financial industry lead generation. Provide relevant, educational, and informative articles, blog posts, and videos to establish your company as a trusted thought leader in Finance.
Focus on topics that address common challenges and pain points of financial advisors. Subsequently, provide practical solutions and insights.
Consistently publishing high-quality content increases your brand visibility. It helps build trust and credibility with your target audience. Address their struggles and offer advice, a best practices checklist, or practical action steps to resolve the issue.
There's an easy way to optimize your LinkedIn marketing. We offer financial advisors a Done-for-you LinkedIn marketing model. So contact Revnew to simplify the process by partnering with the best LinkedIn lead generation agency.
7. Networking With Industry Professionals
Actively engage with key decision-makers and organizations. You can build relationships, share insights, and learn about potential opportunities.
Consider reaching out to business owners and other relevant individuals in your target audience.
Then, offer to connect. Send them cold emails addressing their major problems and offer to help in the most effective way possible.
Additionally, participate in online events and webinars to expand your network and connect with like-minded individuals.
Building relationships and establishing yourself as a trusted partner can increase your chances of attracting high-quality leads and driving conversions.
8. Creating A Company Page
Here's how to use LinkedIn to get Finance leads by creating a Company Page:
a. Setting Up Your Company Page
Fill up the details of your company required in the LinkedIn Company Page section:
- At the upper side of your LinkedIn homepage, tap on the drop-down menu and select Companies.
- Tap on the Create option in the Create a Company Page box. You can find it on the right side of the screen.
- Fill up your company's official name and work email address.
- Tap on the Continue button and enter your company's information.
Here you can enter a detailed description and overview of your business.
Mention key products/services for the Finance industry and specialties. Don't forget to add what makes your company stand out among competitors.
b. Customizing Your Company Page
Make the proper customization as per LinkedIn's standard for better company page optimization. Some of the important points to remember are:
- Resize your company's logo to a dimension of 100 x 60 pixels – which is a standard size –before you upload it on the Company Page.
- Add a 50x50 pixels Square logo that will show up in the status updates of your connections' feeds.
- Create an attention-grabbing background image featuring key messaging on your page.
Design a branded and professional banner image. You can use Canva to create a perfect banner image for your company. You need to set the size of 646 x 220 pixels on the template to meet the banner needs for your Company Page. Some of the suggestions to use while creating banner images are:
- Incorporate a brand message or a key campaign line.
- Showcase your workplace.
- Feature images of a happy customer using your product.
c. Posting Regular Updates On Your Company Page
Now, you must create high-quality content your target accounts will find helpful and exciting. Next, schedule update dates for the company page.
You must use your Company Page as a discussion forum for your prospects rather than using it as an advertising platform. Thus, your Company Page should be a place for sharing thought-leadership content, industry talk, and the latest company news.
Remember not to overload your followers' feeds with frequent updates from your Company Page. Instead, start with posting one update each day.
The best time to post on LinkedIn is during business hours and weekdays, such as Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A study suggests that content posted on LinkedIn between 10 AM to 11 AM on Tuesday receives the most clicks and shares.
9. Running Linkedin Ads
Once you learn how to use LinkedIn ads, you can use them for the best outcomes. Here are some tips to follow:
a. Understanding The Different Types Of Linkedin Ads
LinkedIn offers several types of advertising options for businesses, including:
- Sponsored Content: This type of ad appears in users' LinkedIn feeds and is designed to look like a regular post. You can target these ads to specific audience segments and track engagement with metrics such as clicks and impressions.
- Sponsored InMail: This ad lets you send targeted messages directly to users' inboxes. These can be used for lead generation or for promoting events or products.
- Display Ads: These are traditional banner ads that appear on the right side of users' LinkedIn feeds. They can be used to drive brand awareness and website traffic.
- Video Ads: Video ads can be used to tell a more visual story and are available in sponsored content and display ad formats.
- Dynamic Ads: This type of ad uses machine learning algorithms to personalize the content and message. Each target customer receives relevant content based on their interests and activity on LinkedIn.
- Lead Gen Forms: This type of ad allows users to submit their information directly from the ad, making it easier to generate leads.
Choosing the right type of LinkedIn ad will depend on your advertising goals and target audience.
b. Setting Up And Launching Your Linkedin Ad Campaign
Here are the steps to set up and launch a LinkedIn Ad campaign:
- Set up a LinkedIn Advertising account: If you don't already have one, set up a LinkedIn advertising account.
- Define your target audience: Use LinkedIn's advanced targeting options to define your target audience based on factors such as job title, company size, location, and interests.
- Choose your ad format: Select the ad format that best aligns with your advertising goals, such as sponsored content, sponsored InMail, display ads, video ads, dynamic ads, or lead gen forms.
- Create your ad: Use eye-catching visuals, compelling copy, and a clear call to action to create your ad.
- Set your budget: Define your budget and schedule, and decide how you want to bid on clicks or impressions.
- Launch your campaign: Once your ad is ready, submit it for review and launch your campaign.
c. Measuring And Optimizing Your Linkedin Ad Performance
It's important to monitor and adjust your campaigns to maximize performance continuously. Use LinkedIn's analytics tools to measure your campaign's success and report your results to stakeholders. Some of the best tools to use include:
- Campaign Manager: A comprehensive platform that allows advertisers to manage, create, and track their LinkedIn ad campaigns. The Campaign Manager includes tools to help measure ad performance, including impressions, clicks, conversions, and more.
- Sponsored Content Analytics: Provides detailed insights about the performance of your sponsored content, including impressions, clicks, and conversions.
- Conversion Tracking: Allows advertisers to track the actions that users take on their website after clicking on their LinkedIn ad, including purchases, form submissions, and more.
- Audience Insights: Gives advertisers a better understanding of their target audience, including demographics, job titles, and other information.
- Lead Generation Forms: Helps advertisers capture leads by providing a custom form for their LinkedIn ad campaigns. It captures lead information directly from the ad.
- Video Ad Analytics: Offers detailed insights about the performance of your video ads, including views, completion rates, and engagement metrics.
That is all we have to share on how to use LinkedIn to get financial advisor leads. You learned how to build your business LinkedIn profile, find and engage with the right prospects, create and optimize your LinkedIn Company Page, and run and monitor LinkedIn ads using its analytics tools.
There is no doubt that LinkedIn is a must-try platform for your business growth. You can use its free lead generation and tracking services. Additionally, you can unlock high-value lead targeting for your Finance prospects with its paid solutions.
Learn how Revnew generated over 358 leads via LinkedIn campaigns.